When 25 October 2013
Where Wadi Musa, Downtown
Topic Employment and education
Description of the event FADFED in Wadi Musa has been a great success cause has been one of the first initiatives in Downtown who got involved a lot of people and let the possibility for them to express themselves and permit to have dialogues with other people. We had the great help from a local association that made FADFED initiative special thank to their knowledge and availabilities. We had to organize two different FADFED, one (for men) in Downtown and another one (for girls) inside the building where the local association works and organize their activities.
Number of participants +200 Number of comments +150
Number of white sheets 30
- There are no challenges for the women and they should stay in their houses
- The youth should take their role to clean the country of the corrupt
- The big challenge is Wasta
- Employment for young people is necessary and important
- Culture of shame in the occupations the reason of unemployment
When 8 October 2013
Where Amman, Jordan University
Topic Education and employment within youth
Description of the event We choose the scientific part of the University of Jordan to organize FADFED about education, culture and employment. Teams were really organized and we have the collaboration of more than 20 volunteers. Topics were really appreciated by students and many of them came to leave comments and share own feelings. Most of the students got involved in many conversations and was good to see many of them discussed and attended the dialogues.
Number of participants +300
Number of comments +250
Number of white sheets 35
- There are no jobs and those few jobs are for Wasta
- There are a lot of job offers but the youth don’t want to search for it
- You can’t find a job without experience and from where can I get the experience without getting a job ?
- It doesn’t matter which sector to choose, The most important thing is to develop myself and to be creative in my field
- Governmental sector is good but the private is better because there is a space of creativity and it’s more fun
When 17 August 2012
Where Ajloun castle / Ajloun
Topic Employment and Unemployment
Description of event : There were many young people out and about, who all showed great interest in topic “unemployment”. Ajloun has always been challenged with unemployment, in particular among young people and therefore is a very important topic to discuss.
Number of participants 250
Number of Comments 203 Number of white sheets : 29
Featured Comments :
– Unemployment is not a new phenomenon to Jordan; it has been around since the time of our ancestors until now.
– The main cause of unemployment is wasta and nepotism.
– If you are unemployed, go to the army.
– Unemployment is people’s culture in Jordan.